Below are some links about classic and recently published cookbook-memoirs, a popular and growing genre of literature.
- Article in the March 2013 issue of the New Republic about how some modern cookbook-memoirs have changed the genre, “The Way to A Man’s Heart: The modern cookbook-memoir as find-a-husband guide.”
- NPR.com, “They Came, They Saw, They Cooked: 5 Food Memoirs” by Susan Jane Gilman, July 27, 2011.
- The Literary Foodie, a blog with a long list of Food Memoirs.
- A post on AbeBooks by Richard Davies, “The 50 Best Food Memoirs“.
- A post on Flavorwire by Russ Marshalek in 2011, “Cooking Tales: 10 Delicious Memoirs from Chefs.”
- Article in the British newspaper The Independent by Samuel Mustun in 2012, “The 10 Best food memoirs: From life in a top-end New York kitchen to dinner parties at the height of the Raj, here are culinary tales to chew over…“
Search the Minuteman Library Catalog for cooking memoirs available from the library.