USA TODAY lists several notable book buying trends during 2011 in the article, “Year-end Books: E-sales Surge; Where’s Oprah?” by Bob Minzesheimer. Some of the trends listed in the article include:
- Growth in E-book sales
- Self-published writers
- The increased interest in books about Steve Jobs, Ernest Hemingway, the Kennedy family, and Amy Chua.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- Jacqueline Kennedy : Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy; Interviews with Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., 1964 ; foreword by Caroline Kennedy ; introduction and annotations by Michael Beschloss
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
- The decline in sales of Oprah’s Book Club recommendations and books about Bernie Madoff.
- And many more… click HERE to read the complete article.